Is Solgar Magnesium Citrate Tablet Worth a Try?
Magnesium is making quite a name for itself among supplement users and for good reasons. The essential mineral is used to regulate more than 300 metabolic processes in your body, such as; muscle and nerve function, blood pressure, blood sugar levels, hormonal levels, energy production and storage etc.
The National Health Service recommends a daily intake of 300-400mg of magnesium for men and 270-320mg for women. However, almost half of the UK & US populations fail to take enough magnesium in their diet.
Fortunately, magnesium supplements come in to bridge the nutritional gap. In fact, according to a recent study conducted by ConsumerLab.com, magnesium is the seventh most popular dietary supplement worldwide.
What Does the Solgar Magnesium Citrate Contain?
A bottle of Solgar Magnesium Citrate contains 120 Solgar made magnesium tablets. Each tablet provides 200 mg of magnesium citrate and 12.5 mg of Vitamin B6.
The supplement also includes several added natural ingredients such as; Microcrystalline cellulose, Silica, Vegetable cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, and Vegetable Glycerin. The exact quantities of the additional ingredients are not listed.
How to use the Magnesium Citrate Tablets
The suggested serving size for the Solgar Magnesium Citrate is 2 tablets daily, preferably at mealtimes or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Highlights of the Solgar Magnesium Citrate Tablets
- High-absorption rate – The magnesium supplement has a high cellular penetration, which means that your body will use more of the magnesium instead of passing it through your system like most supplements. Its high-absorption rate also makes it perfect for people with digestive sensitivity issues.
- Worldwide best-selling product – Solgar Magnesium Citrate tablets are the world’s best-selling magnesium supplements. In fact, 98% of consumers who have used Solgar recommend it to other users. Solgar also has a great reputation for exceptional customer service and is widely considered one of the best supplement companies in the industry.
- Affordable and convenient – Solgar’s unique formula of magnesium and vitamin B6 provides a convenient and affordable complex and is a well-balanced choice for people of all ages. The good thing about Solgar Magnesium Citrate is that you can take the 2 tablets, one time per day during meal times, which is easier than having to break up your dose through the day.
- Suitable for vegans and kosher diets – Solgar uses simple, natural ingredients to create their powerful supplements. Solgar Magnesium Citrate tablets are free from; gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, sodium, artificial flavour, corn, artificial preservatives, flavours or colours which make them suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and those on kosher diets.
What is the Solar Magnesium Citrate Good for?
Magnesium is an abundant mineral in your body, supporting many bodily functions. It primarily exists in your serum and red blood cells but is also abundantly found in your bones and muscles.
The high absorption formula in Solar Magnesium Citrate tablets provide a wide variety of other health benefits including;
- Helps relieve muscle and joint aches
Joint and muscle pain can be linked to hundreds of multiple possible causes including; arthritis, sprains, strains, fibromyalgia, spondylitis, bone infections, and many more. Magnesium naturally helps your muscle cells to relax after contracting, relieving sore muscles and preventing spasms. Without enough magnesium in your body, your muscles may contract too much, leading to a lot of pain.
Solgar’s Magnesium Citrate is an effective anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant which relaxes your muscles and eases the aches in your joints. Increase lubrication in the joints is especially helpful to reduce pain in patients suffering from arthritis. The supplements inflammatory response can also be used to prevent arthritis.
- Constipation &Acid reflux Relief
Solgar Magnesium Citrate has shown relief in people suffering from constipation and acid indigestion. It works by drawing water into your digestive tract.
Magnesium is actually the main ingredients in acid reflux treatments because of its ability to neutralise the acid in the digestive tract. Although it’s not a treatment for acute constipation, Magnesium Citrate introduces a laxative effect that is known to soften stool.
- Depression and anxiety
People who have been taking Solgar Magnesium Citrate reported having felt a calming effect that has helped them with depression, anxiety, and stress. The supplement formulated to calm the nerves and relax the muscles, promoting general relaxation and tension in your body. This is why many antidepressants are designed to raise magnesium levels in the brain.
In addition, magnesium deficiency lowers the serotonin levels in your body, which may lead to depression.
- Heart palpitations
Magnesium is crucial in the normal heart function and many other organs in your body. Many online reviews and testimonials show that Solgar Magnesium Citrate is highly effective in reducing symptoms for patients with heart palpitations and arrhythmia. However, it’s advisable to talk to your doctor first before taking the magnesium supplements to know your recommended limit.
Pros and Cons of the Solgar Magnesium Citrate Tablets
- Worldwide best-selling product
- 400mg magnesium citrate per 2 tablets
- Highly absorbable form of magnesium; magnesium citrate
- Vegetarian-friendly non-GMO, gluten-free
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Gentler on the stomach than most types of magnesium supplements
- Convenient and affordable
- Large Tablets
- Lower dosage per capsule
- Since they’re tablets, they can be hard to broke in half
- Possible side effects include; nausea, abdominal cramping, and upset stomach feeling
It is easy to understand why Solar Magnesium Citrate is the best-selling magnesium supplement. It is one of the most absorbable forms of magnesium.
This highly absorbable form maintains normal nerve and muscle function, supports a healthy immune system, keeps your heartbeat steady, and helps your bones remain strong. What’s more, it is affordable and convenient to take. The only major con of this supplement is that some people may find the tablets harder to swallow because of their bigger tablets size.